Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Coupon Convert



I've finally got my mother-in-law on board! She has heard me go on and on about coupons and saving money for 2 years now, and she has been interested in learning from me. Well, last night she got her chance. I gave a coupon class at Mountain Creek Baptist Church (my first class ever!), and she brought 5 friends from her office.
Tonight I took her to CVS to get her ExtraCare card. Wayne, the manager at the Rivermont CVS, is AWESOME! He got her signed up, and low and behold, he handed her the card AND $9.50 in ECBs! I asked him how that happened....The cashiers had been using that card to scan when customers didn't have an ExtraCare card, so when he signed her up, the ECBs printed out. Well, of course we had to make up a plan right then and there!
Here's what she got:

Scott paper towels $4.99
-$1/1 March All You mag

Softsoap Body Wash $2.99

Green bag tag $.99

CVS reusable bag $.99

Skippy Peanut Butter $1.67

-$9.50 ECBs

Total OOP: $1.33!

She was super excited! She used the $2 ECB from the body wash to buy another body wash! I think she paid $1.27 for that one. So about $2.50 oop for her at CVS tonight.

Then we went over to Walgreens where she picked up a package of the Plackers flossers for $2 and received the $2 RR. We drew up a plan for her to use the RR after I get my coupons from thecouponclippers tomorrow. She'll need a coupon I ordered.

Isn't she cute???

No comments:

Post a Comment